Chrysler Q&A

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Question: starting problems

ila, 4.0L V6, Kalamazoo, MI, April 13, 2011, 03:42

I have a 2007 Chrylser Pacifica that I purchased used in the last 7 months. Within 2 months of purchase it would not start on hot days. I have replaced the battery and the starter twice with no success. It has had the wiring checked and the battery cables. Still the same issue, which is intermittent and only when it is hot. It ran fine all winter, starter everyday, everytime the first time. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I am having problems. It will click several times and if you keep trying to start it or just wait, it will eventurally start. It has been to the dealership and 2 other shops- no one can figure it out. I need some help!!!!

Johnny Mopar April 14, 2011, 14:18

Sounds like your starter solenoid wiring or relay is defective. Have the continuity and voltage drop checked of your starter circuit.

Visitor, April 19, 2011, 18:21

I have a Kia Rio that had a similar problem. Not the same make or model but found a loose connector on the back of a fuse pannel. I even saw power drains lights dimming and wippers slowing down as the car needed more power. I also found corrosion on grounding wires.

• Medium-star Best Answer
    GavinCollier April 11, 2013, 09:43

I also have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. Luckily I purchased an excellent warranty. After spending several hundred dollars of my insurers money the Chrysler dealership submitted my problem to the "A" team. Although it was my research that ultimately helped them resolve the issue. I had discovered that the starter relay kept burning out. Every time I had the issue as described in the post I would just switch out the accessory relay with the starter relay. If you look in the fuse box they generally have the same part number. It would start right up when I replaced the relays. The "A" team discovered that the starter and battery needed to be grounded better. The Chrysler pacific is very touchy, recently I noticed the ground was a little loose and sure enough I had the no crank problem again. I tightened it and it worked and the problem has been resolved.