1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS Q&A

1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS Question: starting problem

I have a starting problem where I only get one click and car wont turn over. Have replaced battery, starter {twice} positive cable, negative cable. This only happens on occasion and has been in the shop seven times. Since it doesnt completely fail they cant seem to determine the problem. I found the positive cable to the solenoid has a crack to bare wire and wonder if this could be causing my intermitent starting problem. -
Voltage tests and voltage drop tests (YOUTUBE search voltage drop test to see how this test is done). You need to see if power is reaching the starter when it fails to start. When it fails to start try energizing the starter directly with 12 volt jumper wire to the solenoid wire at the starter to see if it is the starter or electrical circuit prior to the starter is bad. Autozone have some popular workshop manuals for free on line once you register (for free) on their website http://bit.ly/autozone_repair_info or there is a company that independent auto repair shops "buy" their information from that offer a very reasonable service to do it yourselvers. You can get a one week subscription or year subscription very cheap. The information is year make and model specific repair procedures, service bulletins, component locations, wiring diagrams ect.... great quality information same as the professionals have ,much better than generic workshop manuals from parts stores, much cheaper than the factory manual try http://bit.ly/mitchell_repair_manuals_online and get an online repair manual subscription. -
I had the same problem. The mechanic replaced the battery negative Clamp. Solved. It wasn't the Clam itself, it was an accumulation of some insulating substance where the cable and the clam meet. It wasn't clearly visible but that was the problem. After a year I start having the same problem. Probably is time to replace the other one. -
My suv just started making a knocking noise as you increase the gas pedal,it's heard mostly when sitting inside the vehicle.I checked the engine's dip stick and saw no oil then I added 1quart sudde...
Why does the main pulley belt drive of my isuzo crosswind XT rotates intermittently slow when i turn ON my ACU?
how much to pull heads and pan then to pull pistons, bore to standard diameter, replace pistons/rings and reassemble the engine?