Starting Problem on 2005 Cadillac STS

Hello, My 2005 STS will not start on occasions, I can go to the store, turn car off, then come back and this engine light is displayed. I have to wait about 2 hours and the cars starts right up. You can even jump the car to start, Is there a problem with the security system or is there a problem the FOB battery. Please help, I'm tried of sitting and waiting for the system to come back on. Herb

by in Charlotte, NC on February 28, 2011
1 answer 4 comments
ANSWER by on March 02, 2011
Does the engine in your 2005 Cadillac STS turn over and not start or does it not turn over at all? Also, I am not sure of you can or cannot jump start it. Lastly, are any warning messages displayed?
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on March 02, 2011
Hello and thank you. There is now warning messages in the DIC.It must be in the security system. I put a new battery in the FOB, but car did same thing today. The light on the push button will not go green to start and the but the engine light is on, but it will start after about an hour or two. Jumping doesn't it, I tried that.
COMMENT by on March 03, 2011
If you have another FOB please try using it and see if it helps. If not the security system fault will require diagnoses.
COMMENT by on March 03, 2011
COMMENT by on October 29, 2012
I am having the same issue with my 2005 STS. I have tried both key fobs. It would not start with my wifes so I tried my fob. it would not start at first but then it started dinging and the headlights came on. I jumped into the car and it fired right up. moved the car about 5 feet into a parking spot and turned it off. now it will not even crank. it only clicks. i replaced the battery and it is still doing the same thing. any ideas?
My car will randomly not start. This began happing this week. What it does is that when I press the start button the car sounds as if it is trying to start but will not start. The dash goes blan...
After sitting in the driveway for a week while on vacation came back to my 2005 Cadillac STS with 3.6L V6 and it will not turn over/start when start button is pushed. Took the battery to be tested ...
I went this morning to start my car and all my lights were on like normal and as soon as I tried cranking it the car just died and it has a new battery but still won't charge even when I jump it I ...
The start up is disable. How do I enable the start up?
somewhere in car or would car turn off if I left it on the outside of car and drove off