1997 GMC Jimmy Q&A

1997 GMC Jimmy Question: starting problem

motor wants to start but doesnt seem to keep keep firing -
You may have a fuel pump that is beginning to fail. The 6 cylinder engines need an extra boost of fuel while cranking. Fuel pressure should be about 65psi when the key is first turned on. -
Did your Jimmy start using a lot of gas before it began its refusing to start symptons? If so, this could mean that the fuel injection assembly inside the intake manifold is worn out. This is a very common problem. Does your car blow out black smoke when it does try to run? This is a sign of a very rich condition, which would further support the injector problem. Also check your EGR valve. Theses vehicles have a digital EGR valve that tends to get carbon in side of it and it sticks open and will cause a bad running problem/starting problem. Check your fuel pressure to see if the injectors and fuel system is working correctly. This will help you narrow down whether it is an EGR fault or Injector fault. Also scan your computer for any codes. This can also be a big help. -
It spits and sputters during startup and sometimes doesnt start at all. yet runs fine after it starts.
I am having problems with my jimmy starting.. It will start but after a few trys.. sometimes tooo many! I had it connected to a diagnostic- it says it could be oxygen sensor defective or ignition ...
This isn't the first vehicle I have had to do engine repairs on just my first solo. Need some help!!! I just got it back on the road after getting tags and registration changed over to Oregon af...
I was driving home when i started to hear a weird noise coming from the engine on the drivers side of my jeep. I was worried but i was almost home so i drove slow. I noticed that when i stopped giv...
we hooked a jumper box dirrectly to the wires with no battery.now every time we hook the wires to the battery it will try to start without the ignition being on anyone have a sollution.