1991 Mazda MPV Q&A

1991 Mazda MPV Question: starting problem

Have a problem starting the car, i was driving the car and the engine shut off while driveing. I tried to start the car but, it just kept on turning over. it still does. There is no spark from the coil acording to the ohm meter. there is no power going to the coil, I ordered the distributor, but my neighbor said it wasn't the problem. so I bought the coil, but when I installed the new one and started the car it started then turned off and just keeps turning over. so I put the old one back in it. I'm not sure what the problem is. please help. Concludig there is no power going to coil, and I need to know what to do. thanks MONICA -
Possibly your ignition switch has failed, even though it turns over the ignition system might not be getting power through the ignition switch. -
Comment 1
is it possible that it will still start from time to time but then turn off. -
Comment 2
is there any relay in between the iginiton switch, and ignition coil that might be faulty -
Comment 3
It really needs to be tested with a meter because it costs more to keep changing parts than to pay a mechanic to trouble shoot the problem, Check the wire going to the coil to make sure they are not frayed -
sound's like your timing belt had broken -
If the engine cranks but won't start, the fault may be internal to the distributor. Diagnosis will show no spark and trouble codes for the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) or the camshaft position ...
When Starting Cold Engine it Misfires ( Rough Fast Idle )for about a Minute then is fime and Runs Great. Restart is great up to about 2 hours . I installed New Distributer with Igniter,Set Timing,n...
My 1995 Mazda MPV van, 3.0L w/ac and automatic transmission was running kind of rough. I decided to cange the fuel filter and after I did this the van would not turn over. I can hear a clicking sou...
one minute it will start next time i try it i cant get it to start. moving the gear shift might let it start but not all the time help!!
wont start? battery died and i charged it now i just get a click when i try to start it it has happend in the past and will start after mess with break paddle hand break and gear shift?