Starts fine when its cool,but once it warms up and i try to start it i get nothing i get dash lights but when key goes to start position i get nothing. no check engine lights come on while running checked starter,battery,and terminals ,if i leave it set a while it starts back up once started it will run forever
starting problem on 2002 Jeep Liberty
ANSWER by hemicuda,
February 13, 2009
As starters get old they will sometimes start locking up when hot because metal expands, then when it cools down it will work again. Next time it does that tap on it with a hammer then try starting it. here a website that might help http://bit.ly/Knw1z
1 answerFebruary 15, 2014
Verified for the Jeep Liberty67 reports
1 answerMarch 28, 2016
2 answersNovember 03, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Liberty Questions
- alarm goes off when i try and start my car. I replaced battery, didn't help
- Do I have to go to a dealer just to check my transmission fluid?
- While driving, the transmission jumps out of gear? I have an automatic.
- Back breaks locking up cant drive it, no fix no one knows whats wrong
- What does it mean when the accelerator starts making noise?