Starting problem on 1992 Buick Riviera

I drove my car 50+ miles started it drove to one place started it again went to another place, started it again went to another place, came out and it wouldn't start no crank at all, I have checked the starter and it works on the bench, changed to ignition switch, checked all the fuses, and the netural switch, still no crank when I turn the key, not getting power on either side of the fusiable link at the starter, I set off the alarm and turned it off, that seems to be working fine, can't find the problem and have run out of ideas

by in Louisburg, NC on March 13, 2011
1 answer 3 comments
ANSWER by on March 13, 2011
the key here is no power at the fusible link. there must be power on one side. it could be a bad link or a bad connection. wire brush all the connections and re test the power to the fusible link. Roy
COMMENT by on March 14, 2011
How many fusiable links are there on the ignition, is there one before the ignition switch, my wiring diagram says there is one off the battery before the switch, but does not show one at the starter, is that the only one on that circut?
COMMENT by on March 14, 2011
the one you are referring to is at the starter motor. check that as that is the feed to the switch. Roy
COMMENT by on March 14, 2011
I just cut that out of the circut and have cont. through that fuse, no power on the wire at all either side of it when the key is turned to start, had a friend turn it on while I checked it with a test light no power. Which side of the fusible link should have power first, the starter side or the other side?
Car will intermittently not start. This is a no crank, no start. Battery IS NOT the problem. Steering column is loose, but that occurred AFTER this issue began. I am assuming it is the Ignition Con...
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting....
I have a 1989 Buick Riviera that everytime the engine is cool for example in the morning and after work. When you go to start it the engine keeps turning over and over then it starts but stalls thi...
the dash lights come on appears to be normal but no starter turn over. Cross jumped the solenoid and would start but not stay running.
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.