2000 Ford Taurus Q&A

2000 Ford Taurus Question: Starting Problem

I have a 2000 ford taurus and it won't start when I crank on it, but if I remove the number 4 spark plug she starts right up. When I put it back in it kills the engine. Please Help -
To try and help you, I have more questions than answers right now.I am assuming the check engine light flashes when the engine is running. It would help to know the engine model, (24 valve or not) mileage and general condition of the vehicle. Are there any coolant leaks or overheating issues? When you cranked the motor, did it sound smooth or did it sound like it was surging? Without any of those types of symptoms it will be difficult try and figure this out. When you remove the number 4 spark plug, is the electrode wet with fuel or coolant? When number 4 spark plug is out and the motor is running, is liquid being pumped out of the spark plug hole? If so what does it smell like? What made you think to remove number 4 spark plug and try to start it. Not knowing the answers to these questions I would recommend doing a compression test to see if motor is ok. I would have the engine control module tested to see what diagnostic trouble codes are present, then look for anything that you feel may different from the way the vehicle appeared prior to the problem. -
First time starting my car in the morning it does not like to start. I have to "flutter" the gas pedal to get it to start and then keep revving the engine until it levels out and runs smooth. Aft...
car will not start after runing while in hot weather. If I let it set for about 45 minutes it starts. This only happens when weather is hot. I changed the spark plugs but this did not help
My 1997 Ford taurus Wagon has run perfectly until 10 days ago. It didn't start, I got a jumped it worked for 5 days. It wouldn't start for the past 3 days until yesterday I tried it started. Drove ...
My car does not start what could be the problem? I put a brand new battery already help me.