The past four days, my beetle will randomly not start. Sometimes a clicking noise will happen where a few or all warning lights will flash, sometimes I hear it try to roll over, and then eventually, after 15+ tries it will start. I have power in my car before I attempt to start it. Two times that I have gotten it to start after this process, the immobilizer light will flash....but the car will run fine. My time is 12, so I know the battery reset things. I took it to my local shop yesterday, and they checked everything out and changed the battery cable end because it was crusted. The closest vw dealership is an hour and a half away, so I haven't gone yet. When it starts, it runs fine! This happens one or two times a day. One other thing...I did have the battery changed a few months ago. The current battery was tested, and tested fine.
starting problem on 2001 Volkswagen Beetle
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle10 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle33 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle25 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- 1.8 T in my car d.o.h.c. crankshaft scored Will A 2004 Jetta 1.8 T awp engin
- The car starts when I add ether, but just for a few seconds after it just shuts
- What is the estimated cost to replace transmission in the th VW?
- what is the calibration gap for this 2.0l
- What causes it not to fire when u have both fuel and spark?
2001 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Chesterfield, NH
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($213 - $326) in Phillips, ME
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($405 - $819) in Olive Branch, MS
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($92 - $212) in Tintah, MN
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($259 - $317) in Cape Porpoise, ME
- Neutral Safety Switch Replacement ($120 - $259) in Forney, TX