The past four days, my beetle will randomly not start. Sometimes a clicking noise will happen where a few or all warning lights will flash, sometimes I hear it try to roll over, and then eventually, after 15+ tries it will start. I have power in my car before I attempt to start it. Two times that I have gotten it to start after this process, the immobilizer light will flash....but the car will run fine. My time is 12, so I know the battery reset things. I took it to my local shop yesterday, and they checked everything out and changed the battery cable end because it was crusted. The closest vw dealership is an hour and a half away, so I haven't gone yet. When it starts, it runs fine! This happens one or two times a day. One other thing...I did have the battery changed a few months ago. The current battery was tested, and tested fine.
starting problem on 2001 Volkswagen Beetle
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle9 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle33 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle6 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- Does my 99 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 2.0 manual have shocks, struts or both?
- After breaking it sounds like air is building up pressure. Is there a leak ? Or.
- Pop noise under drivers side occasionally when driving and also when reversing
- Was messing with fuse box crank one time Steele wines over but won't crank
- car turns over but wont start
2001 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($104 - 143) in Chesterfield, NH
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Phillips, ME
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($380 - 567) in Olive Branch, MS
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($210 - 305) in Tintah, MN
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($90 - 97) in Cape Porpoise, ME
- Horn Replacement ($193 - 203) in Forney, TX