The past four days, my beetle will randomly not start. Sometimes a clicking noise will happen where a few or all warning lights will flash, sometimes I hear it try to roll over, and then eventually, after 15+ tries it will start. I have power in my car before I attempt to start it. Two times that I have gotten it to start after this process, the immobilizer light will flash....but the car will run fine. My time is 12, so I know the battery reset things. I took it to my local shop yesterday, and they checked everything out and changed the battery cable end because it was crusted. The closest vw dealership is an hour and a half away, so I haven't gone yet. When it starts, it runs fine! This happens one or two times a day. One other thing...I did have the battery changed a few months ago. The current battery was tested, and tested fine.
starting problem on 2001 Volkswagen Beetle
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle9 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle30 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle1 report
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- What is involved in replacing the convertible top.
- Leaks fluid from seal where torque converter attached to it replaced 3 times
- Keeps leaking transmission fluid from seal where the torque converter goes into
- Their is water inmy back floorboard where could it be coming from
- Where is the fuse for the turning signals?
2001 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates