Starting Problem on 1998 Nissan Maxima

1998 Nissan Maxima 134,400 Miles My Nissan Maxima is a good car, but I am having several problems with it that needs to be fixed. I have a starting problem, which I think might be the starter. The car starts fine sometime, but at other times I have to start it 2 or 3 times. I also have a fluid leak that is coming from the right side of the car in the front. I see the power steering container is on that side, therefore it might be PS fluid.....Any ideas????? Is the starter a big problem on this generation Maxima(95-99)?

by in Brenham, TX on May 12, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on May 13, 2010
the starter is not too bad, here is a link for the estimator, but before you guess at what is wrong, have someone look at your car to really determine what is wrong.
I replaced the Fuel Filter and still have the same problem of starting the takes a couple of times before the car starts...what can that be? Fuel Pump/Injector what?
My car runs and starts fine but if I drive it for 30mins or more and turn it off, it wont start. If I wait an hour or so it will. Problem didnt start till I jump started another car. Please help.
At temperatures over 70 degrees, there's no ignition, no starter, no sound at all when I turn t...
The security light keeps blinkiing and my car will not start, it turns over but wont start. How do i get the security light to go off and is this what could be causing my care to not start