Starting Problem on 1998 Nissan Maxima

1998 Nissan Maxima 134,400 Miles My Nissan Maxima is a good car, but I am having several problems with it that needs to be fixed. I have a starting problem, which I think might be the starter. The car starts fine sometime, but at other times I have to start it 2 or 3 times. I also have a fluid leak that is coming from the right side of the car in the front. I see the power steering container is on that side, therefore it might be PS fluid.....Any ideas????? Is the starter a big problem on this generation Maxima(95-99)?

by in Brenham, TX on May 12, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on May 13, 2010
the starter is not too bad, here is a link for the estimator, but before you guess at what is wrong, have someone look at your car to really determine what is wrong. http://repairpal.com/estimator?car_type_id=2370 http://repairpal.com/directory?address=77833&car_brand_names=Nissan
I replaced the Fuel Filter and still have the same problem of starting the car...it takes a couple of times before the car starts...what can that be? Fuel Pump/Injector what?
At temperatures over 70 degrees, there's no ignition, no starter, no sound at all when I turn the key. I have to wait until the air temperature drops to get the engine started. It did this last sum...
Problems with the ignition coil will cause the vehicle to misfire or not start.
My car runs and starts fine but if I drive it for 30mins or more and turn it off, it wont start. If I wait an hour or so it will. Problem didnt start till I jump started another car. Please help.
The security light keeps blinkiing and my car will not start, it turns over but wont start. How do i get the security light to go off and is this what could be causing my care to not start