hi my mom has a 1998 buick leSabre it wont start but you can make it start by shorting out the cylindnose the starter checked out to be great at advanced auto parts what elase could be the problem she has 2 security keys but they both do the same thing the lights radio every thing works and comes on but just wont turn over or do anything please help if you can Thanks.
starting car on 1998 Buick LeSabre
ANSWER by hemicuda ,
May 24, 2009
probably the ignition switch has failed http://napaonline.com/default.aspx Napa has them for about $65 but they are tough to replace if you havn't done one of these before. Might be better off having a napa autocare center handle this repair.
Verified for the Buick LeSabre32 reports
Reported by Buick Le Sabre 04 and 2 others for the Buick LeSabre3 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre111 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre51 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- What causes the heat to blow out cold air?
- The car was running bad changed fuel filter,pump ,fuel pressure regulator ,egr ,
- Only cold air coming out of the vent and I'm leaking antifreeze?
- Heat/ A/C blower motor will not shut off even when ignition is turned off !
- What do you do when the engine service signal shows?
1998 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in White Haven, PA
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($114 - 160) in Randallstown, MD
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($507 - 1,167) in Calhoun, GA
- Fuel Filter Change ($79 - 107) in Meansville, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($422 - 722) in Laurel, NY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($624 - 719) in Mayetta, KS