hi my mom has a 1998 buick leSabre it wont start but you can make it start by shorting out the cylindnose the starter checked out to be great at advanced auto parts what elase could be the problem she has 2 security keys but they both do the same thing the lights radio every thing works and comes on but just wont turn over or do anything please help if you can Thanks.
starting car on 1998 Buick LeSabre
Asked by for the 1998 Buick LeSabre
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by hemicuda ,
May 24, 2009
probably the ignition switch has failed http://napaonline.com/default.aspx Napa has them for about $65 but they are tough to replace if you havn't done one of these before. Might be better off having a napa autocare center handle this repair.
Verified for the Buick LeSabre150 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre38 reports
Reported by Buick Le Sabre 04 and 2 others for the Buick LeSabre3 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre42 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- why is my 1990 Buick Park Avenue when car wont start then when it do black smoke
- What happens to my 2003 Buick lesabre when the catalytic converter plugs up
- Why won't my high beams stay on when I pull lever
- Why does my car shift hard when changing gears?
- Had both the power steering pump and rack/pinion replaced with new parts.
1998 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($187 - $275) in White Haven, PA
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($296 - $1,064) in Randallstown, MD
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($121 - $158) in Calhoun, GA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Meansville, GA
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($86 - $129) in Laurel, NY
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($55 - $71) in Mayetta, KS