starter problems on 1999 Chrysler Cirrus

i drove my car one day and an hour after parking it wouldn't start. The fuel ignition starter 20amp fuse was blown. We replaced the fuse and tried starting it again, the fuse blew again. We replaced it again and turned the car on and the light inside the car along with the radio came on but as soon as we engaged the started it would click, everything in the car wouln't work and the fuse was blown again. We took the starter off and took it to advanced auto, they told us the starter was in normal range but they were testing it without load. I'm not sure what to do now.

by in Reed City, MI on October 11, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on October 11, 2009
It seems you have an electrical problem maybe a shorted wire somewhere i would try to get this check out or you can check it yourself just follow the lines that come in to the fuse that is being blown
turn key and can here starter spin but not engage with flywheel is it the car alarm stopping it from starting or is it the neutral safety switch
when i go to start my car it drags what could this be the starter or battery
JUST REPLACED BATTERY AND STARTER WILL NOT TURN OVER 2.5 ENGINE NO CODES SHOWING, STARTER WONT ENGAGE ITS NEW
I put a new battery in my 98 Cirrus cause the battery light was on, however, it is still on. I took it and had the alternator tested by my mechanic and he had it running and unplugged the hotwires...
when driving or idle the engine will stall if you try to start it fast and grind the starter with the flywheel it starts. or if it sets awhile. already put new fuelpump @filter on it.