Starter problem on 2002 Nissan Altima

My starter made a noise when cranking so i replaced it,the new starter did the same thing immediately, so i thought it was defective so i replace it. Now less than 1 day, less than 10 starts, it is making the same noise again. What could this be?? Help & thanks in advance.

by in Denham Springs, LA on February 28, 2012
1 answer
ANSWER by on February 28, 2012
I did a maxima starter and after 3 starters it kept grinding and made all sorts of noise. I thought it was the flywheel/flex plate. I know it's a different car,but it was a nissan. I called other garages to see if they ran into the same problem. One garage told me to put in a bosch stater. I put in a bosch starter and the car started like new and had no noise. I don't know what the difference is,but that solved the problem. Every nissan i do now,i use bosch only in nissans.
I was just quoted $1,650 to replace the starter due to the fact that the transmission had to be removed to do the job.
05 Nissan Altima, 2.5L 4-cyl, auto trans, 140K miles. Just bought car ~2 mos ago. 3 starters & a flywheel since then, keeps chewing up teeth on starter bendix gear and flywheel ring gear due to ben...
how would i know if my starter is going bad & can i replace it myself
I turn the key and no noise from the starter. I replaced the starter a few months ago cause of the same reason and when I first tried to start it then there was nothing. We played around alittle wi...
dash lights on.horn blows loud.battery tested starter installed.try 4 or 5 times won't turn over.try 2 minutes later car starts right up.???what's happing??