car started running hot today. How can I check the antifreeze level? When I raised the hood, coolant was bubbling out from under cap on plastic jug where I put coolant in. How can I tell if it is full or if something else is wrong? Check engine light did not come on. Also, AC blows very hot air. What causes this?
started running hot on 1996 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 1996 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by lawrenceg ,
August 18, 2009
Normally you need to wait until the engine is cold, then check the level, but since your engine is overheating, you will need to address that first. When the engine overheats, the A/C will probably not work, so address the overheat first then look at the A/C problem.
Verified for the Ford Taurus22 reports
9 answersJune 01, 2010
2 answersAugust 18, 2011
4 answersApril 25, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Where exactly is relay for fuel pump. I am a DIY techy but can't find it.
1996 Ford Taurus Estimates
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($957 - $1,387) in Cedar Hill, TN
- Heater Core Replacement ($568 - $721) in South Milford, IN
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($180 - $220) in Silver Lake, IN
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($391 - $514) in Newfield, ME
- Battery Cable Replacement ($94 - $159) in Buffalo Junction, VA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($98 - $118) in Platteville, CO