I was driving a friend home one night when the car started making a slight metal on metal clunk sound that also would sound a little like a grinding noise, my friend said she noticed a smell. Minute or two after the smell comment, the car stalled in the street, after a few seconds I got it started again and parked, then later tried to drive it home. About 1/5th of the way left, it breaks down, and will not start back up, had to recover the next day when it would start again. Where do I look for the problem? And possible solution?
Stall after slight clunking noise. on 1990 Ford Taurus
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Why does my steering wheel shake when I'm braking during deceleration?
- small leak trans pan gasket. said need thicker gasket. Tighten bolt order. .
- If I paid 535 get my car to pass a smog and the engine light still stays on so
- Car bounces and tire rod problems
- I'm changing plugs and did not pay attention to the wire connecting order