I was driving a friend home one night when the car started making a slight metal on metal clunk sound that also would sound a little like a grinding noise, my friend said she noticed a smell. Minute or two after the smell comment, the car stalled in the street, after a few seconds I got it started again and parked, then later tried to drive it home. About 1/5th of the way left, it breaks down, and will not start back up, had to recover the next day when it would start again. Where do I look for the problem? And possible solution?
Stall after slight clunking noise. on 1990 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 1990 Ford Taurus
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
1990 Ford Taurus Estimates
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($127 - $221) in Fort Shaw, MT
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Oxbow, NY
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($267 - $314) in Oshkosh, NE
- Radiator Replacement ($521 - $692) in Morton, WA
- Window Switch Replacement ($222 - $238) in Swain, NY
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($87 - $109) in Amsterdam, NY