I notice that my care does this squealing noise when it rains or it's been sitting in the cold and has condensation on the car but after the care warms up it goes away. I had the belts replaced a year and a half ago. I don't know what I have had my alternator, battery and starter checked they are all fine can some one help with a suggestion?
squealing noise on 2001 Honda Civic
Would try a new belt and ensuring the belt tensioner has enough tension on the belt. You could also have a pulley on one of the vehicle's accessories that are failing.
1 more answer
Verified for the Honda Civic137 reports
2 answersJune 16, 2009
Verified for the Honda Civic14 reports
1 answerMay 21, 2010
1 answerNovember 22, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
2001 Honda Civic Estimates
- Valve Adjustment ($137 - 194) in Spring Glen, NY
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($77 - 97) in Grantham, PA
- 20,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Laurel Bloomery, TN
- Head Gasket Replacement ($630 - 1,007) in Ashville, OH
- Engine Mount Replacement ($297 - 340) in Megargel, AL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($168 - 260) in Kelseyville, CA