I want to put the bosch platinum +4 spark plugs in my 2008 Kia spectra sx . Do I need to use a torque wrench and torque them to a certain degree of foot pounds? Or can I just reasonably snug them up?
spark plugs on 2008 Kia Spectra
ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
November 13, 2009
You don't need a torque wrench if you can get the right feel for the correct torque. When your tightening it it will turn with ease, then it will start to tighten and stop when it is tight. It's a "feel" thing and it's hard to describe....
This week's top 10
2008 Kia Spectra Estimates
- 37,500 Mile Service ($116 - 179) in Pedro, OH
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($94 - 137) in Bergton, VA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($180 - 234) in Waco, GA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($83 - 155) in Yale, OK
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($209 - 243) in Tolu, KY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($307 - 327) in Upper Tract, WV