sometimes when I go to start it, i can hear a soft humming of what i think is the fuel pump and the engine starts fine, but sometimes i cant hear that noise, and it won't start. sometimes if i wait a min or two and try it again, maybe after a few tries, eventually it starts. what could be causing this?
sometimes won't start on 2001 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Explorer
1 answerMarch 15, 2011
1 answerAugust 20, 2009
2 answersJuly 09, 2011
3 answersOctober 18, 2013
1 answerAugust 04, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- What do I do if doing it my self
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
2001 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($160 - $239) in Merrifield, VA
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Martindale, PA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($260 - $362) in Tuxedo, NC
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($189 - $267) in Cohutta, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($383 - $906) in Louisville, TN
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Saluda, NC