Had white smoke coming from under the hood. I did a tune up and found oil where the spark plugs are. I know this signifies and blown head gasket however. I DONT HAVE water nor coolant in the oil on the dip stick. No oil in the coolant res. Now I have white smoke coming from the tale pipe. Didnt have this before. Figured that was oil burn off but it gets worse after I rev the car up to 3000 rpm. Could this be caused by a Valve cover gasket gone bad?????
Smoke on a Lincoln Ls 2002 on 2002 Lincoln LS
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by pushrod ,
December 16, 2012
Have a combustion leak test performed at most any repair shop. That wiill tell you all you need to know.
4 answersApril 06, 2011
0 answersNovember 13, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- what does the etc engine overide light on means
- Tranny won't stay in gear,pump wines loudly, can move it when it's cool not warm
- When vehicle is parked on hill with front up the inside leaks when it rains, why
- my car will not go into any gear, but its not the linkage. where does fluid go.
- The fan won't speed up with the temp of the engine. Stays one speed slow.
2002 Lincoln LS Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($447 - 526) in Vaughn, WA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($317 - 400) in Selma, AL
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($167 - 372) in Crab Orchard, WV
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($290 - 400) in Hancock, MN
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($636 - 765) in Duncan, AZ
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Garfield, WA