Small Claims Court on 2007 Chevrolet Malibu

Advice needed about how to file a suit against an automaker. My car has been in for service 4 times and has not been repaired by the dealer. The car is a 2007 Chevy Malibu with only 15000 miles (the problem was first reported at 2000 miles). GM says the transaxle shake is a "characteristic." Three independent transmission shops diagnose it as an internal auto transmission issue. (Even the GM dealer noted the problem.) GM's 800 number for Customer Service also called the issue a "characteristic" and refused to authorize the local dealer to work on the car. Now I have to file a claim in small claims court. Has anyone else had to do this? Most importantly, do you file the claim against the local dealer that did not provide a solution? Any help on this is appreciated. Regards, Sneakyuser

by in Torrance, CA on August 14, 2009
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answer
ANSWER by , August 15, 2009
You will want to contact a lawyer that specializes in California Lemon Law cases and see if your situation applies.