My wife came in one day and said that her car takes forever to accelerate on the highway. I took it around the block and sure enough, the car is literally blowing through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear and shifting normal through the rest. This once peppy car is slow on onramps, when you pull out onto any major streets, HELL, its slow at ANYTIME! It wasn't always like this. By the way, its the V6, AWD, Automatic tranny. Theres another issue I'm having with the car, you'll have to find it by the question summary of "When I Turn Sharp The Car Binds"
Slow Acceleration - Shifting Too Early on 2003 Kia Sorento
0 answersJanuary 15, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- why periodically the car loses all power features, radio, windows, wipers, etc.
- When I hit the gas it acts like it doesn't wanna go unless I'm easy on it and
- Could it be a fuse on why I have no display and no function of heat and air?
- Lost both low beam lights & backup camera the same day
- My car shakes and shuts off at a stop light
2003 Kia Sorento Estimates
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lake City, CO
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($286 - 410) in Waverly, IA
- 30,000 Mile Service ($245 - 353) in Richardson, TX
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($216 - 293) in Midland, OH
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($267 - 299) in Interlaken, NY
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($69 - 197) in Felt, ID