My wife came in one day and said that her car takes forever to accelerate on the highway. I took it around the block and sure enough, the car is literally blowing through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear and shifting normal through the rest. This once peppy car is slow on onramps, when you pull out onto any major streets, HELL, its slow at ANYTIME! It wasn't always like this. By the way, its the V6, AWD, Automatic tranny. Theres another issue I'm having with the car, you'll have to find it by the question summary of "When I Turn Sharp The Car Binds"
Slow Acceleration - Shifting Too Early on 2003 Kia Sorento
0 answersJanuary 15, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- I'm having trouble putting gas in tank every time you start it bubbles bacķ out
- Remote start car, get in put foot on break , car dies. Have to restart. Why?
- Sometimes when I try to pass somebody my Sorento will not downshift.
- I just changed my gearbox and gears are not changing well.
- Seat won't move back
2003 Kia Sorento Estimates
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($281 - 413) in Lake City, CO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Waverly, IA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 114) in Richardson, TX
- Brake Drum Replacement ($346 - 557) in Midland, OH
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($28 - 39) in Interlaken, NY
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Felt, ID