When my engine is accelerating at about 2500 rpm, I can hear a slight rattling coming from the engine. I can't place where its coming from other than the front half of the car because it won't do it in neutral, only when the car is in gear and moving. It also only happens if I give it some gas. If I really lay into the pedal, it goes away. I was told it might be spark knock, and that I should use higher octane gas, but that had no effect. I am thinking that it may be the transmission or the torque converter. Thoughts?
Slight rattle at 2500 rpm on 2003 Ford Mustang
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang Questions
- I was driving my 2002 Mustang down the road and then all of a sudden black smoke
- when i turn on car the key dinging bell will not stop dinging . i think it is di
- Check engine code p322&455 whats most common problem
- How to fix error code P2122 for Ford Mustang with engine 3.7L of year 2014
- How do I troubleshoot my horn not working?