When my engine is accelerating at about 2500 rpm, I can hear a slight rattling coming from the engine. I can't place where its coming from other than the front half of the car because it won't do it in neutral, only when the car is in gear and moving. It also only happens if I give it some gas. If I really lay into the pedal, it goes away. I was told it might be spark knock, and that I should use higher octane gas, but that had no effect. I am thinking that it may be the transmission or the torque converter. Thoughts?
Slight rattle at 2500 rpm on 2003 Ford Mustang
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang Questions
- something keeps frying my pcm what is it? electrical mechanic has it & doesnt no
- My car just recently now when allerate or when take off pedal after it raddles
- My car won't shift into gears and when it does it sounds horrible. What's wrong?
- AC/Heater blower motor not working
- I have smoke and oil out of my tail pipe car refusing to started one time