The electrical lock/unlock functions work fine when I push either the lock or unlock buttons. When I pull on the door handle to open the side door, from inside the van or outside the van, nothing happens, in other words the opening mechanism doesn't move. I suspect a linkage problem from the handle to the bolt/latch I guess, but it looks like special tools are needed to access the guts of the door handle/lock/mechanism assembly. Should I surrender and call or visit a lock specialist or repair shop or is there a simple DIY to get in and fix it? And can you tell me what the usual problems could be? Is it expensive to have fixed?
Side door-not sliding type-won't open.Pull handle nothing happens.How can I fix? on 1993 Ford E-150
This week's top 10
Recent Ford E-150 Questions
- If down stream censors are bad will it cause it not to have power
- EGR causing 4.2L Engine to shake 2000 E150 4.2L V6
- replaced blower motor now van will not go over idle
- Where is the under the hood fuse panel located? Is the fuel gauge fuse here?
- I have a mercury and my oil is at 9% how many miles will I make it?
1993 Ford E-150 Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Holly, MI
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Nisula, MI
- 5,000 Mile Service ($54 - 96) in Curtis Bay, MD
- 95,000 Mile Service ($107 - 162) in Battle Ground, IN
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($410 - 560) in Owensburg, IN
- Air Conditioning Evaporator Core Replacement ($425 - 489) in Royalton, MN