The electrical lock/unlock functions work fine when I push either the lock or unlock buttons. When I pull on the door handle to open the side door, from inside the van or outside the van, nothing happens, in other words the opening mechanism doesn't move. I suspect a linkage problem from the handle to the bolt/latch I guess, but it looks like special tools are needed to access the guts of the door handle/lock/mechanism assembly. Should I surrender and call or visit a lock specialist or repair shop or is there a simple DIY to get in and fix it? And can you tell me what the usual problems could be? Is it expensive to have fixed?
Side door-not sliding type-won't open.Pull handle nothing happens.How can I fix? on 1993 Ford E-150
This week's top 10
Recent Ford E-150 Questions
- what color wire fuel sensor in harness under driver door
- were is the transmission modulator value at its not on the right side of trans
- While driving down the highway it start making a humming sound and dies!!
- The engine won't start
- What is a reasonable price to replace the computer in a i992 Ford econoline 150?
1993 Ford E-150 Estimates
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Holly, MI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($256 - 326) in Nisula, MI
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($214 - 287) in Curtis Bay, MD
- Alternator Replacement ($328 - 501) in Battle Ground, IN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($254 - 286) in Owensburg, IN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($213 - 286) in Royalton, MN