1997 Honda Accord Q&A

1997 Honda Accord Question: Shifting problems.

I took it to get an oil change and the men showed me it was low on transmission fluid. I knew my car has been shifting funny so I let them flush it. It was working fine until today it wouldn't shift around 20 mph. I stopped and put it in park then back in to gear but it wouldn't shift into gear so I turned it off for a minute then turned it back on and it started working for about 10 more minutes. After a couple more stops it acted up around 20 mph. again. It has 180,000 miles so it won't surprise me if I will need to get another transmission. -
The car needs a new transmission.The torque converter and the seals has gone bad and is clogging the screen in the transmission causing it to slip.My recommendation would be to replace the unit with a remanufacture transmission which should cost about 950.00 -
Your speed sensor is bad only ,if you are going to change it your self change the fluid also,the shift sensor screen need cleaning ,you can take them off used a part cleaner and replace them ,remenber flushing the transmission tranny is done by three refill or go to youtube and see transmission flush.next -
What does P0780 Shift Malfunction mean, do I need a new transmission? Check engine light came on 5 months ago, sometimes my car shift gears hard then continue shifting smooth. This happens more fre...
My 2009 accord make a click noise after i shift from reverse to drive
My 1997 honda accord will not engage. It starts up immediately. I put my foot on the brakes to shift gears, then the accelerator to put in reverse, neutral or drive nothing happens it will not budg...
Car drives ok. Up-shifts smoothly but jerks when you come to a halt and it shifts into 1st. Mounts are ok. Replaced "lock-up" sensor but problem persists.