Shifting problems. on 1997 Honda Accord

I took it to get an oil change and the men showed me it was low on transmission fluid. I knew my car has been shifting funny so I let them flush it. It was working fine until today it wouldn't shift around 20 mph. I stopped and put it in park then back in to gear but it wouldn't shift into gear so I turned it off for a minute then turned it back on and it started working for about 10 more minutes. After a couple more stops it acted up around 20 mph. again. It has 180,000 miles so it won't surprise me if I will need to get another transmission.

by in Wapakoneta, OH on February 10, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on February 10, 2011
The car needs a new transmission.The torque converter and the seals has gone bad and is clogging the screen in the transmission causing it to slip.My recommendation would be to replace the unit with a remanufacture transmission which should cost about 950.00
ANSWER by on January 04, 2015
Your speed sensor is bad only ,if you are going to change it your self change the fluid also,the shift sensor screen need cleaning ,you can take them off used a part cleaner and replace them ,remenber flushing the transmission tranny is done by three refill or go to youtube and see transmission flush.next
What does P0780 Shift Malfunction mean, do I need a new transmission? Check engine light came on 5 months ago, sometimes my car shift gears hard then continue shifting smooth. This happens more fre...
My 2009 accord make a click noise after i shift from reverse to drive
My 1997 honda accord will not engage. It starts up immediately. I put my foot on the brakes to shift gears, then the accelerator to put in reverse, neutral or drive nothing happens it will not budg...
Car drives ok. Up-shifts smoothly but jerks when you come to a halt and it shifts into 1st. Mounts are ok. Replaced "lock-up" sensor but problem persists.
above 750 rpms loud noise in reverce. got used and the first owner replaced it and did same so this is third one. At 700 and below no noise but shifts hard.The noise coming fro trans. crunch bangi...