1996 Dodge Intrepid Q&A

1996 Dodge Intrepid Question: shifting problems

I have a 3.5 engine, the problem is that I have to rev up the engine in order for it to shift, I get error code 41, the fluid is new, does anyone know what could be causing the problem? -
Here is some info on this code: http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes/faults/code-41.html It wouldn't appear that this would cause a shifting problem, as it is related to the charging system, but it should be checked anyway. I would try taking it to a transmission repair shop, look for one that is an ATRA shop, look here:http://bit.ly/7Z6Cae -
Comment 1
Thank you, I think the code 41 you showed me does not apply to this problem, I do have that code however I have checked the description of the troublecode and as for the engine is the code you showed but for the tranny is LR solenoid Right now I am disassembling the tranny, the oil was new and now has this dark grey color and has some small dark pieces in it, will let you know how everything goes -
I just did the whole changing out thing 3 times and the car still woun't shift and it keeps telling me that the Shift Solenoid A is wrong.
The automatic transmission can develop problems like harsh shifting, shuddering between shifts, and a buzzing while in Reverse. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins ...
My transmission will shift into reverse fine and it will shift into the first and second gears fine but that is as high as it will shift. Anything past the second gear the engine will just wind out...
would like a picture of shifting linkage it will not shift out of park it acts like the shifter is not engageing
had scanned has codes for trans input speed speedometer sensor. trans will not shift manually starts out in first gear then goes to second gear and will not shift to any other gears speedometer n...