1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Q&A

1992 Mazda Miata MX-5 Question: Shifter problems,,

Hi, I have a 1992 Mazda Miata. I want to change the automatic shifter, went to a junk yard found 4 shifters, but all were from 1998-2003. Will these fit my car? Thanks the Boss! -
I don't believe that the transmission is the same unit, back then it was hydraulic control, more modern ones are electronically controlled. I don't think swapping shifters'd work between those years, someone could possibly give you better information, like visit a Mazda specialist or a transmission shop with the part in your hand and ask if it'd work. This is one of those things that would be hard to figure without the parts in my hand. If you had your shifter out and could compare it to the newer ones, that'd be the definitive answer. Here's a directory link for you: https://repairpal.com/directory?address=90404&car_brand_names=Mazda -
I would like to change my transmission fluid on a 2000 SE Mazda miata 6 speed . All the manuals and internet show a square fill nut on the drivers side . The only square nut I found was on the pass...
Several months ago, auto. trans. fluid began disappearing. Our mechanic and a trans. shop have checked. No leaks found. Any ideas?