2005 Chrysler 300 Q&A

2005 Chrysler 300 Question: Shifter problem ?

2005 , 300c , 3.5 , auto .All of these problems happened together . The dash will light up put the car will not crank , The electric trunk release will not work , the interior lights will not come on . When it was running and the problems started , it acted like the transmission would go into neutral for a few seconds while driving . The owners manual says the trunk lock will only open in park . Is there a problem in the shifter [ electronics , switch ] that will effect all of the above ? Thanks . -
The instrument cluster is an ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC) that is located in the instrument panel above the steering column opening, directly in front of the driver. The remainder of the EMIC, including the mounts and the electrical connections, are concealed within the instrument panel behind the cluster bezel. Besides analog gauges and indicators, the EMIC module incorporates two blue-green digital Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) units for displaying odometer/trip odometer information, engine hours, automatic transmission gear selector position (PRNDL), several warning or reminder indications and certain diagnostic information. The instrument cluster also includes the hardware and software necessary to serve as the electronic body control module and is sometimes referred to as the Cab Compartment Node or CCN. This CCN controls most of the functions that you have mentioned in your concern. I suggest because of the complexity of the system that you take your vehicle to your local Dealership for inspection and diagnosis. -
Hi mate , this is wants happen to my Chrysler 300c 2005 3.5 V6 did you manage to find out what the problem was? Cheers -
After stopping at a store, I restarted my car, pressed on brake to shift gear, it would not shift out of park. I press the release button and it still would not budge. I had it tow to dealers. on s...
from park I have all other gears wont go into to park.
It just happened today. I see that the Shifters have been a Chrysler Problem, but they haven't announced a recall. Thanks for Any Advice.
today, my car would not shift into gear. My husband and I are 65 plus years and not rough on any car. It only has 55616 miles. The drive shifter is the problem and has to be fixed. Apparently t...