i was having trouble shifting gears in my 97 tiburon 5 speed manual and found out it was in shift cables so i replaced them. now it squeals when i shift to 3, 4 and 5th gear and wont go into reverse at all. am i all washed up or has anyone had this kind of problem?
shift problems on 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Verified for the Hyundai Tiburon17 reports
My cars gear box is locking up on me when I try to put a gear in. And my third gear is cranking when I shift and my 6th is getting stiff. Any help on what this can be and how expensive to fix?
1 answerMarch 22, 2016
1 answerMarch 23, 2013
2 answersDecember 22, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Tiburon Questions
- My car stalled out and won't crank back up...
- Why won't my car stay running unless I hold my hand over the air intake
- no heat fan runs but when you turn it to heat the light for the ac lights up
- I have a 2004 tiburon v6 5 speed. I when i push the clutch and turn the key all
- How do I get the headlights to stay on for a few minutes until I'm in the house?
1997 Hyundai Tiburon Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($195 - 279) in Warsaw, NC
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lincoln University, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($65 - 132) in Batchtown, IL
- 60,000 Mile Service ($917 - 1,238) in Lockbourne, OH
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($87 - 146) in Palmer, NE
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($73 - 93) in Wonalancet, NH