i was having trouble shifting gears in my 97 tiburon 5 speed manual and found out it was in shift cables so i replaced them. now it squeals when i shift to 3, 4 and 5th gear and wont go into reverse at all. am i all washed up or has anyone had this kind of problem?
shift problems on 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Asked by for the 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Verified for the Hyundai Tiburon22 reports
My cars gear box is locking up on me when I try to put a gear in. And my third gear is cranking when I shift and my 6th is getting stiff. Any help on what this can be and how expensive to fix?
1 answerMarch 22, 2016
1 answerMarch 23, 2013
2 answersDecember 22, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Tiburon Questions
- got a 2003 hyundai Tiburon V6, the speed sensor burns out every other week.
- My car stalled out and won't crank back up...
- Why won't my car stay running unless I hold my hand over the air intake
- no heat fan runs but when you turn it to heat the light for the ac lights up
- I have a 2004 tiburon v6 5 speed. I when i push the clutch and turn the key all
1997 Hyundai Tiburon Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($45 - $57) in Warsaw, NC
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - $178) in Lincoln University, PA
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - $45) in Batchtown, IL
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($134 - $207) in Lockbourne, OH
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($149 - $181) in Palmer, NE
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($269 - $301) in Wonalancet, NH