i was having trouble shifting gears in my 97 tiburon 5 speed manual and found out it was in shift cables so i replaced them. now it squeals when i shift to 3, 4 and 5th gear and wont go into reverse at all. am i all washed up or has anyone had this kind of problem?
shift problems on 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
by ol-buddy in Eufaula, OK on April 03, 2011
Verified for the Hyundai Tiburon17 reports
1 answerMarch 23, 2013
My cars gear box is locking up on me when I try to put a gear in. And my third gear is cranking when I shift and my 6th is getting stiff. Any help on what this can be and how expensive to fix?
1 answerMarch 22, 2016
2 answersDecember 22, 2010
1 answerMay 20, 2010
This week's top 10 answerers
Recent Hyundai Tiburon Questions
- How long will it take to put a new timing belt on a 2000 hyundi tiberon, if attempting to do it yourself? & how much would it cost to take it to a shop to fix?
- can someone tell me if the tiberon has battery promblems orloose wire preventing it to start
- My cars gear box is locking up on me when I try to put a gear in. And my third gear is cranking when I shift and my 6th is getting stiff. Any help on what this can be and how expensive to fix?
- 4 cylinder receiving a misfire code. The only time it is reading this code is when u first start the car of a morning. After it warms up runs great but idling is rough. I have not lost any power. So I don't think it is a compression issue
- My car only reads Reverse doesn't read Park,Neutral, or Drive all the car does is Reverse (goes backwards) help please