Hi, my "Service Engine Soon" light came on with a code of P0505...I had the Idle Air Control Valve replaced and the light is still on. Now the car revs up and down while in park and sometimes while in drive. I was told the Engine Control Module may have burned out because I did smell a funny oder a while back as well. I was told by the dealership that the part itself is 918.00 plus labor. Can I take my car somewhere else where it's cheaper and have it done for less? Can I try having the IACV relearn first? Thanks for whatever info you can provide!!
Service Engine Soon Light/ECM on 2001 Nissan Maxima
1 answerFebruary 16, 2009
1 answerJune 08, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Oil leak - valve cover gaskets - keep checking oil dipstick until repair?
- Have a coolant leak and can not find it but lose a gallon every few days
- I have a 1999 maximum and my rpm will not rise above 2500
- Had all motor mounts all done + caliber but my car excellorated from 45 to 70
- estimate to change motor mount