Hi, my "Service Engine Soon" light came on with a code of P0505...I had the Idle Air Control Valve replaced and the light is still on. Now the car revs up and down while in park and sometimes while in drive. I was told the Engine Control Module may have burned out because I did smell a funny oder a while back as well. I was told by the dealership that the part itself is 918.00 plus labor. Can I take my car somewhere else where it's cheaper and have it done for less? Can I try having the IACV relearn first? Thanks for whatever info you can provide!!
Service Engine Soon Light/ECM on 2001 Nissan Maxima
Asked by for the 2001 Nissan Maxima
1 answerFebruary 16, 2009
1 answerJune 08, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Where is the fuse for the cluster lights in the dashboard?
- My idle is going crazy, it ref up and down.
- My 2014 Nissan Maxima won't accelerate but rpm will go high. Only 52000 m help!
- 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. P0300,P1800,P0011,P0021.
- How expensive is it to re program this to get it to run and is it worth the fix
2001 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Ringle, WI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($382 - $541) in Tinley Park, IL
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($117 - $175) in Brewster, NE
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($120 - $202) in Ingleside, IL
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($54 - $67) in Plainview, TX
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($107 - $118) in Fountain, FL