Hi, my "Service Engine Soon" light came on with a code of P0505...I had the Idle Air Control Valve replaced and the light is still on. Now the car revs up and down while in park and sometimes while in drive. I was told the Engine Control Module may have burned out because I did smell a funny oder a while back as well. I was told by the dealership that the part itself is 918.00 plus labor. Can I take my car somewhere else where it's cheaper and have it done for less? Can I try having the IACV relearn first? Thanks for whatever info you can provide!!
Service Engine Soon Light/ECM on 2001 Nissan Maxima
1 answerJune 08, 2009
1 answerFebruary 16, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- How do I determine transmission slip and identify leak?
- My car idles bad & it stumbles off what could be the problem
- LOST WATER IN RADIATOR TEMP WENT TO HOT SHUT DOWN ENGINE WHEN COOLED ADDED WATER
- The loud sound is coming out of motor ( ker ker). What is the problem.
- Why does black smoke come out of the exhaust sometimes.