Hi, Our 96 ford GL wagon, 175000 miles, engine is sound, the electrical is another story. Service engine soon light will not stay off. The radio started going off and on, the seat belt light on dash would come on and make a "ticking" kind of sound, the the steering went to REAL slippery feel, then I stopped, put it in park, put gear shift into drive and NO power steering,no power windows, no wipers. Mecahanic replaced a Trans Position SWT-S and a Heater blower resistor. Got car back, drove for 25 miles and Service engine soon came on again! Also, gas cap will not click shut, even a new one will not click shut. Any help out there? Thanks Karin
Service engine soon light on 1996 Ford Taurus
Asked by Visitor for the 1996 Ford Taurus
1 answerOctober 31, 2009
2 answersApril 30, 2010
1 answerApril 11, 2010
2 answersFebruary 09, 2011
1 answerDecember 07, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Why does my steering wheel shake when I'm braking during deceleration?
- small leak trans pan gasket. said need thicker gasket. Tighten bolt order. .
- If I paid 535 get my car to pass a smog and the engine light still stays on so
- Car bounces and tire rod problems
- I'm changing plugs and did not pay attention to the wire connecting order