Service engine and reduced engine power lite problems on 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Just about every day the service engine light and reduced power lite comes on. Several times the transmission locked up in low gear. When you shut the engine down for a few seconds the problem goes away momentarily. We have changed the throttle body and cleared codes. Problem continues.

by in Aberdeen, SD on January 20, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on January 20, 2011
If your vehicle has an electronic gas pedal. In other words the throttle body is controled by electric impulse from the gas pedal. Try replacing the gas pedal. I have bought them through parts stores, not dealers. See if your vehicle has this type of throttle control first.
ANSWER by on October 29, 2012
I'm having the same problem. the "check engine" and "reduced speed" lights come on. the trailblazer [02] will only idle no matter how far I push the gas pedal down. I got it to the shop by driving the back roads, left it there. They just called to say I need a new throttle body. Wondering if that is the real problem.
Just about every day the service light and reduced power lite comes on. Several times the transmission locked up in low gear. When you shut the engine down for a few seconds the problem goes away m...