1996 Buick LaSabre; I recently replaced my driver-side door handle to include accessories inside door panel with "used parts from junkyard." Power-door lock works but security alarm (blaring horn) went off continuously until wire for horn was disconnected...my problem is as soon as the wire was disconnected, the entire car went into lock down...nothing works, can't start car! Trouble-shoot how?
security power locks on 1996 Buick LeSabre
Asked by for the 1996 Buick LeSabre
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
September 10, 2009
It sounds like you may have replace the door parts on your 1996 Buick LeSabre with parts from a car that did not have a theft system. Please double check your work and make sure the parts you replaced are the same as the old ones and all the electrical connections that were connected before are connected now.
Verified for the Buick LeSabre157 reports
1 answerDecember 31, 2015
1 answerAugust 11, 2015
2 answersAugust 20, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- If gas gauge is inoperable, will drive test run?
- had a blowout and the car want start and wires are hanging from the rear tire
- Bolts on power steering unit keep breaking off and serpentine belt comes off
- What happens to my 2003 Buick lesabre when the catalytic converter plugs up
- Why won't my high beams stay on when I pull lever
1996 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($288 - $578) in Underhill, VT
- AC Compressor Replacement ($495 - $751) in Kathleen, FL
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Reedsburg, WI
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($741 - $951) in Hagerman, NM
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($55 - $68) in Pittsville, VA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($79 - $100) in Star Prairie, WI