At random times, the car will not start and the security light is flashing. If we wait 5-10 minutes the light goes out and the car will run. Any recomendations?
Security on 1999 Pontiac Grand Am
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
May 08, 2009
Chances are you will need to replace the ignition lock cylinder. The lock cylinder contains the security system sensor that picks up the signal that the key is in the ignition. With out the correct signal from the passlock sensor the car will not start or will start and die.
Verified for the Pontiac Grand Am308 reports
1 answerApril 12, 2011
1 answerFebruary 24, 2013
1 answerNovember 01, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Where is the actuator for changing it to the defrost mode located?
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
1999 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Jarratt, VA
- Brake Drum Replacement ($326 - 543) in Swansboro, NC
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($74 - 97) in Covington, VA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Dunning, NE
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($327 - 499) in Parkers Lake, KY
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Varnell, GA