At random times, the car will not start and the security light is flashing. If we wait 5-10 minutes the light goes out and the car will run. Any recomendations?
Security on 1999 Pontiac Grand Am
ANSWER by Russ ,
May 08, 2009
Chances are you will need to replace the ignition lock cylinder. The lock cylinder contains the security system sensor that picks up the signal that the key is in the ignition. With out the correct signal from the passlock sensor the car will not start or will start and die.
Verified for the Pontiac Grand Am250 reports
1 answerApril 12, 2011
1 answerFebruary 24, 2013
1 answerNovember 01, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
- battery light on. While driving, all dash lights come on and car dies.
- Feels like the transmission is shifting from park to reverse a little too hard
1999 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($1,016 - 1,258) in Jarratt, VA
- 150,000 Mile Service ($177 - 251) in Swansboro, NC
- 67,500 Mile Service ($80 - 127) in Covington, VA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($141 - 233) in Dunning, NE
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($347 - 523) in Parkers Lake, KY
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($20 - 25) in Varnell, GA