i thought it was the water pump making the scraping sound and as i was taking out the belt i notice the main pulley that holds the belt was very loose and i can turn it by hand and it was making the scraping sound .the dash alter. gauge was down to 13 at idle and when the car is on the road alter gauge is at 15+and noise goes away
scraping sounds coming from the pulley behind the hormonic bal. on 1996 Jaguar XJ6
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ6 Questions
- When I turn my headlights on my brake lights do not work.
- Engine cranks but won't start. Ran great night before. It started once .
- car idles fine 800 RPM, put in gear and it bogs out, feather the gas and it will
- Can a 86 jag xj6 be transfer to a 95 jag xj6
- The radio code wont work. I have the code but it just tells me to wait.
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Estimates
- 52,500 Mile Service ($157 - 240) in Lamoille, NV
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($825 - 1,096) in El Reno, OK
- Radiator Replacement ($724 - 937) in Hudson, ME
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($188 - 379) in Sawyer, ND
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in South Gardiner, ME
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($681 - 1,248) in Effie, MN