Scion xD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Scion xD
- Abnormal Noise or Vibration on Acceleration
- Brief Knocking or Rattle on Cold Start Up
- 1.8L Engines May Experience Excess Engine Oil Consumption
- Extended Cranking or No Start Condition, and/or Illumination of the Check Engine Light
- Vehicles May Exhibit Multiple Electrical Issues When Exposed to Extreme Cold Conditions
- Manual transmission recently rebuilt 2 weeks ago. Now having problem with batt
- I have 2012 Scion xd. I am experiencing a leak coming from under the dashboard.
- Car won't shift into park or reverse. What could be causing this?
- Car transmition stuck in reverse. New Transmition??
- What kind of cars have the same windows for my car?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Scion xD Problems
An abnormal noise or vibration on acceleration from rest or on gear shift may develop. Our technicians tell us a redesigned left side engine mount insulator is available to address this problem.
Some engines may experience a brief knocking or rattle on cold start up. Our technicians tell us replacing the camshaft timing gear assembly with upgraded parts will generally correct this concern.
1.8L engines may experience excess engine oil consumption. Our technicians tell us updated software is available for the engine control module (ECM) to address this problem.
Scion xD Questions
I have a 2009 Scion XD. It was broken into and they broke my two rear windows that are able to be rolled up and down. Which cars, models and years have the same window part. I also am looking for a windshield as well. I will be going to a junkyard to find these parts. I just need to know what...
When changing the sensor, do I need to reprogram the computer? I changed the sensor, and the car starts but doesn't stay on, it only stays on if I hit the gas.
Brakes catch and stop but continue slowly to the floor,if I would be too long at a light I felt I would begin to move. Don't seem to pump up easily either. What is wrong.
Scion xD Recalls
The springs used on the driver's seat adjustment rails can break. As a result the seat many not properly lock in position. In the event of a crash the driver's seat could move, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will inspect the affected seat rails and replace them as necessary.
Vehicles have a tire size/weight rating label to inform owners of the carrying capacity of their vehicle. These models are being recalled because the incorrect vehicle weight rating is shown on the information label. This could result in vehicle and tire overloading, increasing the risk of tire failure. Owners will be provided an updated vehicle weight label to correct this concern.
Toyota and General Motors are recalling certain models because the power window master switch assembly in some of these vehicles was built using a less precise process for lubricating the internal components of the switch assembly. Irregularities in this lubrication process may cause the power window master switch assemblies to malfunction and overheat. This could result in the switch melting or possibly catching fire. Dealers will inspect and repair or replace the master window switch as necessary.
Scion xD Reviews
I like the Scion for 2 or 3 people. Truck space is a pain. Can't stand a wheel chair up in back. Interior is a little cheap. Gas average is 30 to 34 miles, not to good for the sacrifice of a small car. It is bumpy to ride on rough roads. It is easy to drive and move around. This car would be ideal for a college kid driving to school. We traveled from Florida to Pa. with three 10 to 13 year ...
love this car. no problem with merging or passing. car has good acceleration. everything is within easy reach. only suggestion i would have for this car is that need other interior option color wise for seats. i have 2 dogs and the black cloth seats are a magnet for there hair. will be getting seat covers to help with this. also a telescoping steering wheel would be nice also
Only have 12,000 on it, but so far it is excellent. Great car in city. Few interior changes would be nice, but that is minor. On interstate it is not as good as in city, but it really is not built to be a interstate vehicle when it is designed like a box. It is roomier than it looks an the brakes are good. Would recommend to anyone.