Transmission fluid is World Standard synthetic fluid. Fluid became brown at 50,000 miles. Now at 90,000 miles fluid is dark brown and gritty. Still have issue with shifting from 3rd to 4th but now goes to 70 or 80 mph before shifting from 3rd to 4th. Toyota mechanic says this is because of shifting sensor and not transmission. Understand flushing transmission can cause greater issues. Also, thought fluid was to NEVER be changed in transmission.
Scion XD began @ 35,000 miles shifting 3rd to 4th gear at 60 mph is this normal? on 2008 Scion xD
Asked by for the 2008 Scion xD
This week's top 10
Recent Scion xD Questions
- how to change the front turnsignal bulbs
- Why does TC Lockup not occur in overdrive?
- how to remove spark plug well if possible
- None of the trouble lights came on until right before the car died. Now they say I need a new engine and the warning lights should have come indicating that something was wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if I go legal with it?
- How much should it cost to replace a failed charcoal canister?
2008 Scion xD Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Ward, AL
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($154 - $189) in Weinert, TX
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($426 - $492) in Evanston, IL
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($242 - $333) in Davis City, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($400 - $459) in Carter Lake, IA
- Horn Replacement ($102 - $113) in Pine Island, MN