Saturn SW1 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Saturn SW1
- my car has a mis in it and sometimes it seems to be flooding so i was wondering
- I am replacing my battery cables.On the existing negative cable, one end goes to
- how do you adjust the exhaust valves in a 1993 saturn ?
- My 99 Saturn SW1 keep dying and the RPM keep jumping
- ABS light comes on only sometimes
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Saturn SW1 Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
Saturn SW1 Questions
the engine block, to the battery post. From the post it goes to a ground or something near the fuse box. The cables I bought only have 2 ends and not 3. I need some direction here. Can you help?
The RPM are jumping the car will not even make it up the street and it make a loud nose when you pres on the gas
The dashboard "ABS" light comes on sometimes, but not most of the time. It seems to be about once in 10 driving sessions. It also seems like in damp, cold, wet weather it is more frequent. Does this look like a costly repair?
Saturn SW1 Recalls
Saturn SW1 Reviews
In 1999 a new from the factory, Saturn SW1 w/5 speed trans arrived in Orlando Florida. I always kept it serviced. It served me well as my dog Bisou and I traveled all around Florida and several apartment moves. The olny reason I sold it in 2009, was I was moving back to France and my best friend ever... needed a car after his wife died. He loves it and has driven it to Quebec Canada and back...
For a car that was made in America still holding up after 16 years and still giving me 36/44 MPG, nothing made since comes close to the 1993-1994 SW1, or SL series. I guess when GM told Saturn to abandon this design model for 95 with more HP and useless addons, shows us just one more reason why GM failed. Why the Chinese do not find a 93/94 SL1 and 93/94 SW1, copy ever nut and bold and pu...