Saturn Relay Reviews

Saturn Relay Reviews and Owner Comments

We purchased this van used less than a year ago. I did research so I had an idea of what to expect as far as hiccups in performance. I love this van, though the engine light coming on for the gas cap is annoying. Currently dealing with the ABS and Traction Control light and service message. Luckily, my father and brother can help me out with servicing and I can avoid costly repair fees.
This is the absolute worst car anyone could ever consider purchasing. Well, seeing that Saturn is no longer around I guess there is no worry. This thing has been nothing but a money pit since we bought it new in July of 2005. In the last 2 years, I have put on 5 brand new alternators, replaced the battery 2 times and have had to replace the starter. In addition, the ABS/Traction light comes on and I have replaced both front hubs twice. The dealer tells us that there is no recall info for the constant "Battery Saver Active" or the "Charging System Failure". I call bull crap on that one. I have replaced the battery terminals and even ran a new ground wire as per Saturn's advice. Please if others are having the same issues, let me know. Email me at: chrislippard679@hotmail.com Thank you, Chris
Overall we enjoy our Relay van, however we have repeated problems with the ABS & Traction lights going on. Two repairs were made during warranty, and the last repair was costly.
We've had our 2005 2+ Relay for six years. We've had one warranty repair and one repair out of warranty. So far we are completely pleased with our minivan "Bessie"
we have had nothing but problems with our 2007 relay when we first bought it itwentbackin a weeklater hadbroken steering part then we had new brakes and rotors new rim it was bent I have had toreplace the brakes and rotors 4 times in 3 yrs and replaced tires 3 times also the abs light is on tc and stablity lights are on The transmission was replaced at 50000 Had problems with that since I got it but could not duplcate the front heated seat quit working the doors dont open and shut right they will ding the back seat the handle fell off the seat cant adjust it all I can say is I know why they went belly up I willnever buy GM again going foriegn
The electric sliding doors have a mind of their own, upon closing. Sometimes they close completely sometimes not. The steering creates a loud clunking under the van when turning the wheels. Have had an A/C leak at one of the line connections and have had to recharge the system. Other than these problems it it a fine vehicle.
We have had numerous problems with our 2007 Relay. Wiring harness burned up, passenger sliding door major repair, brakes replaced at 20,000 miles, and recently driver sliding door had new sensors and harness repair and still does not work half the time. Sometimes the door will not stay shut !! We've also had the chime to continue to ring when the door is shut !! A real lemon it seems !!!
This is an extremely reliable and family focused vehicle