Saturn LW300 Reviews

Saturn LW300 Reviews and Owner Comments

HOW YOU DONT POST ANY OF THE REVEIWS ABOUT THE CROSSMEMBER (SUB FRAME) PROBLEMS WERE THEY ROTTED OUT YA YOU DONT WANT THE PUBLIC TO HERE ANY OF THOSE PROBLEMS SATURN OR GM SHOULD STEP UP TO PLATE LIKE TOYOYA DID WITH THE ROTTED FRAMES IN THE PICK UP TRUCKS WERE THE BOUGHT THEM ALL BACK FROM THE CUSTERMERS THIS IS ALL BULL_ _ _ _
I visited the Saturn plant in Tennessee and was impressed with the product but it was on the L-200 series. I made the mistake to assume that the LW300 which came later was manufactured in the same place. I bought it with 6,000 miles from the dealer. From the get go I have had nothing but problems with the vehicle. The only time that it got a recall was for a so call Popeye seal in the engine cooling system. Then the rear electric window didn't function followed with a noise on the front wheels that after two visits finally the dealer solved the problem by replacing the wheels. After the warranty was over (55,000mi.) I started to have engine sensor problems followed with engine stalling and no one not even the dealer doing diagnose could solve it. Then a friend suggested that I make sure I replace another MAS, not a rebuilt one but a new one. Then make sure the intake hoses were not cracked and that the clamps be tight. Then do a leak check to the hoses. Well that solved the problem after spending close to $600. on MAS (two times), three 02 sensors, replacement of spark plugs and coils. I now have problems with the A/C & heater electric system. And just recently brake problems. All this in spite of doing regular maintenance checks and services. Next to a K-car I once had this Saturn is junk.
This car sucks. I have so many problems w this car. That machanics dont want to work on it. I brought to the GM dealer ship in Manhattan the dealer gave me 3 different diagnois w the exception of the O2 sensors. Now my car wont start and it has only 59,000 miles. Dont buy a Saturn!
I bought this car used with 26,260 miles on it in April 2005. I negotiated a Platium Ryan Warranty of 6 years/80,000 miles as part of the sales agreement for $13,000. Last month the Ryan warranty expired when the odometer hit 106,260; however, during the last five years the warranty paid for 3 pairs of rear taillight units (a 4th was per GM recall); a $990 transmission problem, a water pump and EVAP purge canister. I am not excited I had to pay $400 for a timing belt & $300 for spark plugs after 100,000 miles, but I knew that was the case when I bought this car. So far, I have found this car to be very reliable (except for a few battery problems and flat tires.) I am not a professional mechanic; but I am a professional analyst.. perhaps the ONLY non-mechanic to carry an ODB-II scanner in my car so I know why the MIL is on and if the car is safe to drive.