Reviews for Saturn L300 years:

Saturn L300 Reviews and Owner Comments

Saturn L300Owner Reviews (17 reviews)
    Visitor, N Ft Myers, FL, July 31, 2013 09:56
    I have a fuel leak somewhere on the car. took it to a shop and said it was the fuel filter. we replaced it but still having the smell. checked all the lines at the fuel injector . no leaks where else can this be coming from? I need help to solve this problem.
    Visitor, Jonesboro, AR, July 16, 2013 09:21
    check engine soon light stays on. Replaced 02 sencor and cleaned mass air flow sensor. light will not go out unless i disconnect battery. then it goes back on after car is shut off,then started again
    Visitor, Sewell, NJ, March 29, 2013 11:00
    bought 2003 saturn l300 with 56,000 miles replaced thermostat and 2 oygen sensors.this car runs awesome and the car now has 96k and i will be replacing the timing belt before 100k.I chnage oil every 3k miles
    Visitor, New Haven, CT, June 20, 2012 05:50
    IS A RECALL IN THE SHIFT SENSOR OF THIS MODEL. LET ME TELL U ABOUT: I HAVE BRAND NEW BATTERY, ALTERNATOR WORK SUCCESSFULLY. BUT MANY TIME WHEN I TURN OFF THE CAR, & I'M GOING TO START OVER AGAIN, DONOT START. SOMETIME I HAVE TO WAIT 25 MINUTES TO START AGAIN, OR WAIT FOR A GOOD SAMARITAN GIVE ME A JUMP, & START RIGHT OVER. MILDRED WILLIAMS. VI#IG8JW54R42Y566539
    Visitor, Somerville, MA, October 11, 2011 09:10
    Bought the L300 6 cylinder new and fully loaded. Never had a new car with this much trouble. Car was nothing but problems from the first week. Dash/speedometer/odometer went out the first week. Steering column had to be repaired three times. 6 oxygen sensors replaced. A/C condensation draining into passenger floor area. Mirrors fell out of side view holders. A/C-heating temperature control knob had two settings - hot and cold. Last repair was EMI. Was told then that transmission codes were troubling to mechanic. I said no way and traded it in on a new Subaru Legacy. My Saturn had just broken 40,000 miles. I'm sure someone bought it and felt they got a great deal. I couldn't sell it to anyone I know so I hope, but doubt, the new owner got that great deal. My cousin has a 2004 L300 and it spends more time in the shop than out. She hasn't broken 40,000 miles. On the other hand, my sister owns a 2003 L200 and hasn't had any problems.
    Visitor, Kissimmee, FL, October 03, 2011 08:05
    2003 Saturn L300 I purchased my car in 2005, After purchase My car started smelling like gasoline, after numerous arguments with saturn they finally fixed my car. Here I am today car smells like gasoline again. I am checking to see if there is a recall I will never buy another Saturn ever.
    Visitor, Pawtucket, RI, September 25, 2011 12:21
    I have a code po500 I installed a new one the code came back an abs light check on can some please help
    Visitor, Hemet, CA, June 26, 2011 21:08
    Still love my 2003 Saturn LS300. Have a check engine light, was told it needs to have the thermostat replaced. Dash lights dim regularly. A/C had a problem with the wiring getting crimped causing a malfunction. Not the best of gas mileage right now getting 22-25 in town. Just under 90,000 miles on it right now. Heard it was going to take 4+ hours to replace thermostat. Anyone have instructions on how to accomplish this? Also, when bought the car came with no owners manual, any ideas on how to acquire one?
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, June 14, 2011 20:42
    tansmission is slipping in and out of gear
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, January 03, 2011 08:43
    I purchased this car used and have owned it for 4 years now, and the only problem I've had is a broken fuel pump; which was caused by me hitting a very deep pothole. The transmission shifts smoother than any car I've ever driven, including a Mercedes-Benz. Problems that catch my attention are the general cheapness of some of the plastic panels, like the grill. The dashboard lights can also suddenly dim due to a poorly designed dimmer switch. But the pros far outweigh the cons as the fit and function of the vehicle are top notch and very forgiving for lack of maintenance. Gas mileage can sometimes be even higher than the advertised 35mpg, despite the fact that the engine has excellent speed and acceleration for an economy-oriented 4-cylinder. My record is 456 miles on a single tank of gas. Features, when compared with other cars in the same price range, are generally one or even two tiers higher than the competition. It's sad that this car was not proper;y advertised and undervalued, because i feel it was a steal for the price payed for it.
    Visitor, Ashtabula, OH, July 23, 2010 20:56
    I bough a Saturn 2004 L300 in 2006 with 32000 mi. I have had to do nothing to it except oil change each 3000 mi. and a complete break job at 98000 mi. and tires every year. It is excellent running , suspention is still great, gas milage is still great. My only issue is with the cloth seats, but I am a big man 6' 3' 275#. The left edge of the back wore down from sliding in and out and the padding on the butt broke down. I purchased used Like New Leather seats on the internet and love them. A deer ran into the side my car on the highway killed the deer , No Damage to plastic sides but knocked off the mirror. 250.00 fix. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
    Visitor, Doniphan, MO, June 22, 2010 08:46
    i bought a 2004 saturn L-300 about a year ago and it is a great car i have not had to do anything to it except get in and drive it except for changing the oil when it comes time to. rides great and i live on a rough gravel it gets excellent gas millage perfect for goin on long trips so all and all i think it is a great car
    Visitor, Beach Lake, PA, May 23, 2010 16:16
    Bought a used 2003 Saturn L300. It has been a nightmare from day 1. Nothing but problems. Every part is extremely overpriced and there are very few parts that are NOT dealer parts only. If you were thinking of buying this model I suggest you run as fast as you can. Common problems? The air conditioner condensor hose pops off and floods the inside of the car...this is a common known problem. ECM module blows...common known problem. I could go on but do I need to?
  • 2005 Saturn L300
    joequeens, Eustis, FL, May 02, 2010 11:30
    never again going to honda
    wingnutkb, Batavia, OH, April 02, 2010 17:07
    I just bought my 04 saturn. I love it I'm the second owner of the car and i must say the person before me took OK care of the car I havent had to replace anything yet but my AC doesnt blow out cold air. It may just need to be recharged the mechanic I had look at it said that he thought that was all that needed to be done Im not sure if I need to replace anything but other than that the car is great from what i can tell. It rides quiet. I dont feel all the bumps of the road the way i did in my jeep. All in all it seems like a good car.
    GradysOwner, Snellville, GA, December 19, 2009 15:32
    Seems to have more problems than other cars I've owned. Especially after warranty ran out. Something needs fixing every six months. Don't recommend buying this model.
    fuzzplay, Indianapolis, IN, November 06, 2008 14:08
    so i bought a saturn at the behest of at least 5 of my friends telling me i should. now i totally regret it. in the one year since ive bought it, the main computer needed replaced, tie rod needed replaced, there's problems with the dashlights, some have completely stopped working, doesnt start in exteme cold, had ignition problems, and now this week i found out i have to get the thermostat replaced, which of course is not covered under the warranty-so if your thinking about buying this car--DON'T.