San Mateo Volvo Service
Hours of Operation
|Mon - Fri:||8:00am to 5:30pm|
Message from the Shop
* I know your car well because I work exclusively on Volvos, and have done so for almost 25 years.
* At SMIVS you receive courteous, individualized service.Most replacement parts are carried in stock, so I can offer you a fast turn around. Most cars are in and out the same day.
* I perform all Volvo factory scheduled services to maintain your new car warranty.
* Routine repairs include: brakes, A/C, electrical and cooling system diagnosis, exhaust, suspension, drive line repairs, etc.
* Express oil changes while you wait are available at competitive prices.
* I offer free safety inspections.
* I make repair work convenient for you by offering local pick up and drop off at train stations and other locations in the local Burlingame, San Mateo, and Foster City area.
* Rental cars are available around the corner at ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR 344-7711
* Night drop envelopes are provided for early morning drop off, and arrangements can be made for after hours
Auto Makes We Service
|AC/Heating||Alignment||Check Engine Light||Collision Repair & Paint|
|Diagnosis||Muffler & Exhaust||Oil Change & Lube||Scheduled Maintenance|
|Service & Repair||Smog/Emissions Testing||Timing Belts||Tire Sales/Repair|
|Car Delivery||Car Pickup/Dropoff||Child Friendly||Coffee|
|Early Bird Dropoff||Free Inspection||Heated Waiting Room||Loaner Car|
|Parts/Accessories||Rental Car||Service Guarantee||Shopping Nearby|
Customer Reviews (2 reviews)2 Sort by: Helpful |
I would have stopped driving Volvos years ago if it wasn't for Phil at San Mateo Volvo. I love the personal service, the easy to understand explanations, the quick response time and the much lower prices than the dealer charged. Phil has always been honest and fair in all our dealings (3 Volvos in the family) and I would never take my car anywhere else.
After hearing the dealer's "ka-ching" of glee every time I took my XC90 in for service, I was fed up with owning a Volvo. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice car and I love driving it. I just couldn't afford the $250 here and $1,200 there that the dealer constantly demanded for everything from fixing a broken headlamp to replacing the fancy-schmancy remote/key. Every minor service quoted at $350 turned out to be more in the $800 to $1,000 range, and every major service quoted at $750 set me back close to $1,500. So when I went looking for an independent mechanic, I was delighted to find Phil. He charged less than half the dealer's set fee for a minor service, and he got it done in less than 90 minutes while I waited and took advantage of his free WiFi connection. Then, when one of my headlights went out, he replaced the bulb and had me back on the road in less than 10 minutes -- free of charge. Looks like I'll be keeping my Volvo for the long-term after all!"