Reviews for Saab 9-3 years:

Saab 9-3 Reviews and Owner Comments

Saab 9-3Owner Reviews (5 reviews)
  • 2004 Saab 9-3
    Visitor, Clarks Summit, PA, November 13, 2012 19:22
    I am a SAAB lover there's not much I don't love about the CAR!!!
  • 1999 Saab 9-3
    mitopay, Palm Springs, CA, October 14, 2011 12:00
    This is the car I always wanted. Bought it in 2008 for $5,800, it had 88,000 miles on it. I knew I'd need to do repairs right away, and this was true: convertible top hydraulics needed replacing, that was $1,500 off the bat. The car has failed on me a few times and it's as distressing and expensive as you might expect. But by googling and researching I find that everything that's gone wrong with my car has happened to other 1999 Saab 9-3 owners too. By researching and diagnosing what I can, and then by ordering my own parts and then telling a local mechanic just what I want done, I'm saving an average of 50% in repair costs. Although I do get it wrong sometimes. It's a wonderful convertible, it feels good and although it's getting ratty and old, I wish I could keep it forever.
  • 2000 Saab 9-3
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, March 14, 2011 12:03
    I so wanted to like this car. It had all the storage space I could hope for short of buying a wagon or minivan, it got decent gas mileage but didn't sacrifice performance to get it, and it was comfortable in town and on the highway. The handling was adequate but it couldn't match the Acura Legend I eventually replaced it with. The real problem was the reliability issues. I owned this car less then two months and eventually had to get a lawyer to make the dealer take it back. It had less then 50,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it but while I owned it, I had to replace a headlight fuse module that cost over $100 (for a glorified plug in fuse), had a check engine light that indicated imminent failure of the DIC (direct ignition cartridge), and worst of all complete implosion of the turbo due to a bearing failure. If the car had had over 150,000 miles I could have chalked it up to hard use and wear and tear, but not only did the car have under 50K, it was actually a previous long term lease car that was meticulously maintained by it's previous owner through the Saab dealership network. The car would have be just what I needed if it had actually run properly.
  • 2000 Saab 9-3
    90049er, Los Angeles, CA, April 28, 2009 21:33
    I owned a 2000 SE convertible from 2003-2007. I loved this car. It was fun to drive - the torque steer was crazy but I liked it. The car was quirky - it had trouble starting if the gas in the tank was less than 1/8th of a tank and especially if the morning was cold. The brakes were squeaky. But this was a fun convertible. Too bad GM sucked the soul out of Saab. I'd buy another if it was still quirky Swedish. Actually I now remember there was a weird clicking sound coming from under the automatic transmission lever. A couple guys couldn't figure it out but then there was a recall for something and it went away. The mechanic said it was a loose bolt or something.
  • 1999 Saab 9-3
    Ladybug Driver, Palo Alto, CA, August 20, 2008 10:35
    While this was a fun convertible to drive, I'm sure glad I leased the car and was able to walk away after 3 years. Forget about talking on the cellphone (yes, when the top was closed), it was an incredibly noisy ride. The car did not handle well either.