When the car starts moving from a stop, and especially when coming to a complete stop, there is a rumbling/shuddering noise that comes from the rear wheels/suspension. This only occurs at low speeds coming to a stop, or starting from a stop. This problem is more pronounced in the morning when I first start the car. Can anyone give me an idea of what this is?
Rumbling from rear wheels/suspension on 2001 Audi S4
Asked by for the 2001 Audi S4
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
April 17, 2009
If you have an S4 Quatro, I would suspect the rear wheel drive components such as the inner CV joints.
This week's top 10
Recent Audi S4 Questions
- Do I need to replace my rotors when doing my brakes on my car.
- 2004 Audi S4 CEL too rich
- S4 timing chain
- I am buying a used car, what are the major issue I should look for.it has 110k thanks
- new coolant sensor not working ign. test pin3 2 vlts in pin 4 2 vlts out? I know I need 5 vlts.what regulates the 5 vlt delivery is it the ECM? I have checked every fuse relay re doing connections ect.. Thank you!
2001 Audi S4 Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($510 - $732) in Ider, AL
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($1,526 - $1,933) in Harpers Ferry, WV
- Clutch Replacement ($1,737 - $2,213) in Fredericksburg, IN
- Alternator Replacement ($603 - $1,207) in Bay Saint Louis, MS
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($590 - $678) in Littleton, CO
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($874 - $986) in Gouverneur, NY