When the car starts moving from a stop, and especially when coming to a complete stop, there is a rumbling/shuddering noise that comes from the rear wheels/suspension. This only occurs at low speeds coming to a stop, or starting from a stop. This problem is more pronounced in the morning when I first start the car. Can anyone give me an idea of what this is?
Rumbling from rear wheels/suspension on 2001 Audi S4
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
April 17, 2009
If you have an S4 Quatro, I would suspect the rear wheel drive components such as the inner CV joints.
This week's top 10
2001 Audi S4 Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ider, AL
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($357 - 486) in Harpers Ferry, WV
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($401 - 572) in Fredericksburg, IN
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($467 - 734) in Bay Saint Louis, MS
- Horn Replacement ($218 - 242) in Littleton, CO
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($300 - 319) in Gouverneur, NY