The engine will idle perfectly until some type of load is placed on it. Any of the following will cause it to drop about 100 to 200 rpms. Operating the power windows, turning the steering wheel, pressing the brake pedal, putting it in drive, or putting it in park. Sometimes it does it when car comes to a stop. Something that I've noticed, and maybe is related, is it seems like the electrical system surges as well. At night I can see my lights, dash and headlights, dim whenever I press my brake pedal. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
RPM's on my 2002 Mustang V6 surge when at idle and a load is placed on engine. on 2002 Ford Mustang
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang Questions
- Under the drivers side dash & there's one under the drivers side hood.
- something keeps frying my pcm what is it? electrical mechanic has it & doesnt no
- My car just recently now when allerate or when take off pedal after it raddles
- My car won't shift into gears and when it does it sounds horrible. What's wrong?
- AC/Heater blower motor not working