I tripped a bunch of codes on the OBD P0301-P0304 ALL CYLINDERS MISFIRED AND THE IAC TRIPPED AS WELL. On my way to work earlier i noticed that when in neutral the car began reving extremely high on its own and i had to shift into 4th to bring it down then when in neutral moments later it did it again. when i got out of work the car would not start and when it did would not hold idle i had to give it constant gas. i have already replaced the IAC and it idles now but it also SKYROCKETS to 4k-5k while idling and i have to turn the engine off
RPMS EXTREMELY HIGH DURING IDLE on 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse
by infamousink777 in Wilbraham, MA on January 26, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
- 2008 eclipse won't start acts like out of gas replaced fuel pump still won't start what else
- I have 155,000 miles of my ride, should I replace my timing belt again and is it due for a tune up?
- I have 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse 1st gear works 2 gear works,when I shift to 3rd gear it sounds like if I was to shift gears early but when i shift to 4th gear it's catch up the speed,4th gear work fifth gear works and reverse works
- I know there is 1 transmission mount, but how many engine mounts are there on the '03 Eclipse GTS, 3.0? 3 engine mounts? (front, right front, and rear?) Also, does the same car have rack & pinion steering?
- Filled with gas at light bogged down left work heat went up.cooled off drove 20 minutes shut off back on fine .back off. Sat about half hour wouldn't start.wants to start acts like not getting gas