My '03 Crown Victoria LX SPORT began idling very rough whenever stopped in traffic while in gear. Even more alarming to me, is the fact that it almost stalls completely when accelerating from idle (stop lights, stop signs, traffic congestion) and while accelerating up inclines. Today, immediately upon starting the car, the radiator cooling fan begins to run VERY fast and VERY loud. The longer my car idles (in park) the faster and more loudly the fan spins. This continues to happen even after turning the car off and allowing some time until starting again. All 3 problems are very concerning since my beloved Crown Vic has never made a single bump, thump, chitter, chatter, and/or hesitated in any way. The thermostat always reads exactly the middle. No check engine or warning lights/alarms of any kind. I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thank you.
Rough Idle, Nearly Stalls accelerating from idle & inclines - very rough accel on 2003 Ford Crown Victoria
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Crown Victoria Questions
- how much would it cost to have a rear end assembly put together?
- Why the Heat is not working now put new thermostat in an work just fine but now
- My car start burning from floor by my gas pedal what is the problem?
- My dashboard lights my parking lights keep blowing in my turn signal lights blow
- I need help with a elictrical problem
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($454 - 591) in Studley, VA
- Spark Plug Replacement ($210 - 289) in Hartland, MN
- 60,000 Mile Service ($273 - 395) in Riverton, IA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($177 - 214) in Union Star, KY
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($174 - 187) in Three Springs, PA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($440 - 474) in Issaquah, WA