My '03 Crown Victoria LX SPORT began idling very rough whenever stopped in traffic while in gear. Even more alarming to me, is the fact that it almost stalls completely when accelerating from idle (stop lights, stop signs, traffic congestion) and while accelerating up inclines. Today, immediately upon starting the car, the radiator cooling fan begins to run VERY fast and VERY loud. The longer my car idles (in park) the faster and more loudly the fan spins. This continues to happen even after turning the car off and allowing some time until starting again. All 3 problems are very concerning since my beloved Crown Vic has never made a single bump, thump, chitter, chatter, and/or hesitated in any way. The thermostat always reads exactly the middle. No check engine or warning lights/alarms of any kind. I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thank you.
Rough Idle, Nearly Stalls accelerating from idle & inclines - very rough accel on 2003 Ford Crown Victoria
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Crown Victoria Questions
- It acts as if the choke is not engaging when cold.
- What size is the bolt that holds down the plastic motor cover
- how much would it cost to have a rear end assembly put together?
- Why the Heat is not working now put new thermostat in an work just fine but now
- My car start burning from floor by my gas pedal what is the problem?
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($268 - 398) in Studley, VA
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Hartland, MN
- Heater Core Replacement ($665 - 844) in Riverton, IA
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($200 - 379) in Union Star, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($331 - 355) in Three Springs, PA
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($242 - 412) in Issaquah, WA