My '03 Crown Victoria LX SPORT began idling very rough whenever stopped in traffic while in gear. Even more alarming to me, is the fact that it almost stalls completely when accelerating from idle (stop lights, stop signs, traffic congestion) and while accelerating up inclines. Today, immediately upon starting the car, the radiator cooling fan begins to run VERY fast and VERY loud. The longer my car idles (in park) the faster and more loudly the fan spins. This continues to happen even after turning the car off and allowing some time until starting again. All 3 problems are very concerning since my beloved Crown Vic has never made a single bump, thump, chitter, chatter, and/or hesitated in any way. The thermostat always reads exactly the middle. No check engine or warning lights/alarms of any kind. I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thank you.
Rough Idle, Nearly Stalls accelerating from idle & inclines - very rough accel on 2003 Ford Crown Victoria
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Crown Victoria Questions
- I there a way to turn off warning signal? Can't find anything wrong just signal
- How do I drain and replace Power Steering fluid
- why does my fan keep running when engine is turned off
- My headlights stop working only my bright lights work. My windshield wipers stop
- My car does not react to my putting down the gas pedal after it has warmed up.