The problem started when the really cold weather hit, not sure that matters. The car cranks fine but idles rough after cranking. This last for a few seconds then its fine. When I drive off; however, it hesitates then suddenly surges forward . I had a new battery put in by the dealership and they also replaced the "upper vent valve" and did a "valve assy-purg". The problem was still there so I took it back in. Now they say its "Rod/Bearing with the #6 cylinder" so they need to replace the whole engine. Something about "accessive clearance". Thats a $7500 repair. Does this make any sense?
rough idle, hesitates when accelerating on 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
- When u start my car it idles for a second then idles lower and then dies.
- why does car make a loud grinding noise when i crank it. but only occasionally
- Where is the thermastat located
- What is causing an intermittent vibration when accelerating?
- What can cause the tire pressure light to come on when the tires are full?