Started hearing a knocking sound on my van about a week ago. It would only do it when it was started after sitting. My fiance checked to see if it was the flywheel hitting off the starter, which it wasn't. It has gotten worse. We have been told that it is either a lifter or a piston. Its not a constant knock, it is intermittent. Any ideas?
right side engine knocking on 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair and Maintenance
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Maintenance Schedule
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems(37)
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Repair Estimates
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Q&A(73)
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Recalls(4)
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Shops
- 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Grand Caravan Questions
- Stop running while I was driving.what can cause it
- Driver's side heat blows cold while passenger side is hot. Any easy/cheap fixes?
- Why does the heater sometimes blows cold air
- Why did both key fobs stop working except to start van?
- I have a vibration in the front end of my van more so when I am accelerating
1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Estimates
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($270 - 358) in Wiergate, TX
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($320 - 451) in Carr, CO
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($118 - 247) in Cumberland Foreside, ME
- 112,000 Mile Service ($132 - 189) in Wilmington, DE
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($544 - 598) in Montrose, WV
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($90 - 108) in Nicholson, PA