1999 Volvo V70 XC Reviews and Owner Comments

1999 Volvo V70 XC owners review and rate their 1999 Volvo V70 XC.

1999 Volvo V70 XC (3 Reviews)
Overall
Plenty of annoying problems with this car. Owned since brand new, did all maintenance as recc. Like the other guy I needed an abs module, a throttle control module, TWO ac evaporators , upper strut support replacements, electrical relays. Have had to take it in for problems with side airbag sensors, multiple electrical problems of relays and switches. Now have a check engine light indicating a major vacuum leak. There have been other things I haven't mentioned, like turbo return leaks, radio failures, headlight wiper failures, etc.

While there are many things I like about the car, such as the interior space, safety and look, I can't imagine ever buying another Volvo given
this awful reliability of so many varied components.
I bought a 1999 V70 XC new in Sept. 1998. It has 92,150 miles on it. It's been garaged and is in pristine condition. It is a great all around vehicle but they don't make Volvo's like they used to. So far, I've had the evapoator core replaced (about $2000): the ABS module replaced (over $1000); Driver's window switch replaced, Moon roof electrical problems plus a radiator leak. Now it's at Volvo for at least a blown intake manifold gasket ($ TBD).
I recently purchased a 1999 Volvo V70 Cross Country that has 81K original miles. It appears to be in excellent condition inside and out except for a small oil leak at the turbo return pipe. The dealer I purchased it from is repairing the problem. Since this seems to be a common problem and does not pose a major problem I am very pleased with the vehicle overall. I bought the V70 as a commuter car and drive 98 miles round trip each day. Mileage is about 22.5 highway with 87 octane fuel. I plan to try 91 octane on my next fill-up to check for any significant increase in mileage.