2013 Volkswagen CC Reviews and Owner Comments

2013 Volkswagen CC owners review and rate their 2013 Volkswagen CC.

2013 Volkswagen CC (4 Reviews)
Overall
Bought the car brand new back in 2013. After a couple of months, I had to replace a window regulator to the rear passenger door because it was making grinding noises. Fortunately, the repair was covered under warranty. Then, I noticed the car drifted a bit to the right. Ended up having to do an alignment.

The DSG transmission is very smooth during up shifts but jerks quite a bit at down shifts. The interior rattles and squeaks. The brakes feel squishy. The accelerator is sensitive. A slight touch and the car jerks forward. Driving experience is decent. Not too much wind noise, but road noise is noticeable, especially with 18 inch wheels. Steering is light at low speed and stiffens up during high speed to prevent over correction. When turning the car, I can hear the steering wheel's electric motor whine. The stock Continental tires aren't that good. I recommend replacing them with Yokohama YK580 when it's time to replace the tires. I notice the ride quality improved after replacing them with the Yokohamas.

Got my first recall notice a couple of years later, 2015. Something with a faulty steering wheel clock spring which could disable the airbag and prevents it from deploying in an accident. Second recall notice was the Takata SDI driver airbag. Contacted my local VW dealer and they said there's a 3 week backlog. As of this review, still waiting for the part.

Other electrical & engine problems started happening about 3 years of ownership. The front passenger window won't drop when opening the door, causing the window to catch the rubber seal. Technician said the micro switch on the door handle will need replacement. A couple of months ago, one of the HID bulbs burned. I had to replace that. A couple of weeks later, the engine speed sensor malfunctioned causing the car to go into limp mode. Three weeks after replacing the engine sensor, the engine water pump failed and started leaking. I also had to replace it (costly repair). Last week, I saw an AFS warning on the console and the light bulb indicator went on. Ended up replacing a burned out bulb for the cornering lamp. A few days ago, I noticed the engine ran rough during a cold startup. The engine indicator flashed and stayed on. Noticeable drop in power and gas mileage. Took my car to a VW mechanic and he said it's carbon build up. I had to clean the intake manifold. The technician said this usually happens at around 60K miles but my car only has 44K miles. I'm always filling up with 91 octane gas and Castrol full synthetic oil as recommended. Now, I just notice a small crack on the side plastic cover on the driver's chair (above the control buttons).

As of today, 5/17/2017, I had to replace the turbo diverter valve and the oil separator on the PCV. And now it's possible that my turbo is going bad because it makes this loud high pitched whistle noise during acceleration.

Oil is leaking out under passenger door on rocker panel. Reported to Volkswagen service and they said nothing to worry about. I'm concerned and it's on the paint.
Just bought a 2010 cc LUX from a noted downtown dealer ,only 14,898 miles drove it 80 miles and enging broke down .Took back to dealer,s shop and they said it is a fuel injector leak that caused the problem, Ive read some other comments regarding this car and they are not cool I need some imput if not I,m go na return the car to the dealer. I had the caronly two days when problem occured BF
have a 2013 volkswagon cc 5 months old and 6000 miles on it that is at the dealership now because the epc light ,check engine light and battery light came on and left me stranded 3 times this weekend... had towed to dealer ... will know tomorrow what happened